Monday, April 27, 2020

On First Impressions

We were classmates for a year and yet not once did we speak to each other. You found me too loud and unruly and all the while I thought of you as snobbish.

Fast forward to 2013. It was the first semester of my junior year in law school. After class, we were having dinner at a burger joint that your bestfriend owned. You offered to share a milkshake with me because I told you I couldn’t finish one all by myself. You kept me entertained the entire time as you made faces and mimicked one of our professors in class. You were ridiculously funny and I was laughing my heart out. It was then that I realized that first impressions shouldn’t really matter so much. You proved me wrong because you weren’t so bad after all. 

And back then really, who would have known what the future had in store for us both? ðŸ˜Š

1 comment: