Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Delete


For quite some time now, I had tried to avoid anything and everything that would, by any chance, vaguely remind me of you. I have been hiding myself at home and burying myself in my books because at some point, I just did not want to feel anything. Not Anymore.

And then one night, I just had to do it. I just needed to do what had to be done.

But how do you take it all away? How do you detach yourself from the memory and the emotion and tell yourself that it doesn't bother you anymore? How do you erase four bittersweet years of your life and pretend that you've suddenly become numb from all the pain? Most of all, how do you tell yourself to just let it all go?

I looked at each photograph - one by one, I went over them and I realized that we had better days back then. Despite everything that's happened, there really was a time when we were just happy and we thought that what we had would truly last.

After all that's been said and done, I can only tell you this. Whatever it is that we had, it was beautiful and I'll never forget it.  I'll always be grateful that for a time there, we loved each other and that once your life, you had touched my life in a way that no else ever will.

Thank you for making me feel that I was worthy of being loved and thank you for teaching me how it is love unconditionally without knowing any limits or bounds. I want you to know that I am grateful for all the sacrifices that you've made and for accepting me completely - the world that I know and the entirety of me. But most of all, thank you for trying your best and giving it your all - even if it already came too late. Because although you and I both know that our time has passed, in one way or another, you knew that I had loved you with all of me too and I never really gave up on you. I just needed to set you free.

We may not understand completely why it all had to come to this but I know that one day, we both will find the answers to our questions. And soon enough, we will find whatever it is that we are seeking for in our lifetime.

" So one by one, I took them down. I gave it one last lingering look and did what I had to do. But the memories are mine to relish. And that's where you'll always stay. Because the heart never forgets. "




No comments:

Post a Comment