Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sweet and Surreal

 
(September 23, 2013 at 1:29am)
 
I've always thought that fantasies will always be just conjured-up illusions in my delusional head and that dreams are but mere illusions of my neurotic and overly-rational self. After all the bitter tragedies that have come crashing in my years of existence, I had myself believe that my pot of gold was nowhere to be found and that a rainbow, is really just that. A rainbow.

And then you happened. And nothing has ever been the same.

I can come up with several terms - Good Karma, God's Grace, My Miracle, Answered Prayer - but it would do you no justice to reduce into a few words all that you are to me and what you have done to my life. In a split second,you revived my dampened spirit, relieved my broken soul and remolded my battered heart. After which, my life has never been the same again.

You are everything that I had long dreamed of and all that I hoped to be. And I can only bow down in utter gratitude and storm the heavens with praise and thanksgiving because he brought you to me. At a time when I had sunken at my lowest of lows, you came to wake me from my slumber and bring me renewed faith and hope in my life. You showed me that I deserved to be happy and that I can be loved, cherished and appreciated in the best way there is.

You made me believe that my dreams are worth fighting and waking up for - every single day. And because of that, I am forever changed.

It may have been Fate, Destiny or Serendipity. I don't really care. But somewhere along the way, I must have done something right. All the sacrifices, the pain and the misery that have almost cost me my sanity, they must have meant something after all - because they led me straight to you.

I can put all of that behind me now, heave a sigh of relief and pat my back. The worst is finally over. And the best is yet to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment