Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Conversation with a Friend



“In a universe of ambiguity, this kind of certainty comes only once, and never again, no matter how many lifetimes you live.” - The Bridges of Madison County



I'll say this though. I held him, for the longest time. Because I knew that he wasn’t mine to keep and that my time was coming to an end. And I wanted to remember every single detail of it. Relish at its magnificence and bask in its glory. Because in a few hours, he will no longer be with me although he was never really mine to lose anyway.  So the pain of losing something isn't there. But the exhilarating feeling that even for just a while - he was with me, beside me, and wanted me, was there.  And if I could bottle that feeling, I certainly would.

Our difference lies there. I knew that moment was not going to last. Maybe that generally stirred up the excitement.  But for me, it was more than that. Soon enough, I may find something else that I will fancy. But  I know, I will always, always have that memory.

And that’s speaking plainly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment