Friday, September 9, 2011

Two Words. And that was it.



A few years back, it still seems all too vivid even for my own recollection. The bucket of tears that I shed. The sleepless nights I endured. The dreams that were shattered. The glorious fantasies that I conjured up in my head, only to be left disillusioned. The all-too-many questions without a single answer. The worldly pleasures that I drowned myself into just so I could forget. The million and one obstacles I had to overcome just so I could finally move on from it all...

And all it took were those two words. That was more than enough. I had forgiven you even before you knew that I did. I had already known why we weren't meant to be together even before you had it figured out. But most importantly, I had finally told you what I have always wanted to say.

I hope that you will ponder on my words. And when you say you've changed, I hope you mean well. I want you to know that I'm counting on you to do it right this time around. You are better than all of this and I just know, that surely, you can rise above it.

I've always placed my faith in you. And I want you to remember that. I want you to remember how it once was. I want you to recall how we used to be and what we were to each other. Because even if things have changed and time has passed, it has remained to be what it was. I am still here for you. And I have always been a friend. I will never stop being that.

And though we both know that we weren't meant to be together, it does not mean that we weren't meant to be anything at all. You will always be the one who knows me like no one else does. And I am still the one who has always believed in you even when the whole world refuses to do so.

To me, you will always be that only person, my one friend. And after everything that has happened, I know now that we will always stay this way no matter what.


Lost love is still love, Eddie. It just takes a different form, that's all. You can't hold their hand. You can't tousle their hair. But when those senses weaken, another one comes to life. Memory becomes your partner. You hold it, you dance with it. Life has to end, Eddie.
Love doesn't.
- THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN (Mitch Albom)


No comments:

Post a Comment